blogger Christmas series photo

Winter Wedding Table

This is my second post in the Blogger Christmas Series and I’ve been looking forward to sharing it with you. Along with dessert tables I enjoy putting together wedding tables. This one was put together with a winter wedding in mind.

red wedding 16

In my opinion winter weddings don’t get the attention that they deserve. Freshly fallen snow, horse drawn carriages and a wedding party decked out in fur (faux or real) wraps make for a beautiful and often romantic setting.

red wedding 17

If the wedding is near a winter holiday, Thanksgiving or Christmas, it’s wise not to go overboard with the holiday theme. Bringing in a few of the colors is fine, but don’t overlook texture and layering to tie in the season.

red wedding 20

I overlaid the table with a white cloth that has a silver plaid effect and topped it with a burgundy organza runner. The burgundy velvet box used as the centerpiece was the inspiration for this table. This thrift store find almost jumped off the shelf into my cart. It’s beautiful on it’s own but satin ribbon adorned with rhinestone trim gave it an elegant feel befitting of a wedding. Inside the box I used batting to resemble snow, large snowflake ornaments, along with burgundy and silver ornaments with a few winter picks thrown in. A piece of white fur under the boxes incorporates a little more texture.

red wedding 19

Flanking the velvet box are silver taper holders with hanging crystals and white candles. I also added some DIY votive holders that I modge podged on the inside and covered with glitter. I embellished them with organza ribbon and a button flourish.

red wedding 1

red wedding 24

A silver charger starts the stack. The china is Cher Blanc, a new everyday pattern from Noritake. This is a very lightweight and durable pattern that can easily go from everyday to fine dining. The champagne flutes are from TJ Maxx and the faux mother of pearl flatware is a great compliment to the setting. I combined two napkins and brought them together with brushed silver napkin rings.

red wedding 7

The chairs have white polyester covers and I used the same burgundy organza runners for sashes. Pinecones and silver star ornaments complete the chair décor.

One of these days the Mr and I are going to have a seat at one of these fancy tables I put together. Hopefully he won’t mind pizza on the china and beer in the flutes!!!

Check below to see what the other bloggers have in mind for today’s posts.

These are the linky parties I participate in. Drop by and show them a little love!

House of Hipsters

It’s Overflowing

Katherine’s Corner

DIY by Design

Rustic and Refined

The Scoop

Play Party Pin

35 thoughts on “Winter Wedding Table

1. Eeva

Your table is stunning! I love every little detail of it. And as my daughter had her wedding in New Year’s Day, I cannot agree more that winter wedding is undervalued!

Hi Eeva, thank you so much for coming by! It is a shame that winter weddings aren’t more common in colder climates. A New Year’s Day wedding is ripe with symbolism for a marriage. I bet it was gorgeous!

2. kathleen

Love that red velvet box! It really ties everything together. Very funny about the pizza and beer:) Just FYI I can’t access the other blogs’ links as only the code for it is showing. The code has to be put in the post when you’re in HTML mode to work:)

Hi Kathleen! So happy you like the post and thanks for stopping by. Thanks for the FYI and it was entered in HTML mode. There were too many spaces. I removed them and now it’s working. Thanks again for the heads up!

I was so thrilled to find that treasure and can’t imagine why no one else had bought it. Guess it was meant to be on my table. Thanks for always popping in for a visit!

I like what you said about not overdoing the theme when you have a wedding close to a major holiday. Like you, I think it’s OK to bring in a few of the elements as decorative accents, but to go full on jingle bell just doesn’t cut it!

You were looking forward to sharing this table with good reason. It’s so pretty and epitomizes all the good things about winter weddings. I really like the fur as a part of the decor detail. It reminds me of “Dr. Zhivago” in a way. 🙂

Nicely done, m’dear!

Dr. Zhivago, I love it! Now I’m going to have to find that movie and pick up some inspiration. You have a way of getting the inspiration wheels a turning!! Hope all is well and thanks so much for your visits.

4. Kyla @HouseOfHipsters

Oh I love the layer of fun in this! PINNED! Thank you so much for linking up with Found & Foraged! The girls and I really hope to see you again this Saturday 8PM CT (ya, we’re back to normal now). See ya in a few days!

Thank you Shelia! I love chair covers and the fancy smancy ones cost a fortune so I’m learning to use what I have on hand. I appreciate you visiting and your Pottery Barn inspired table is stunning!

5. RosieM.

Wow! What an exquisite table! Your attention to detail was perfect and everything turned out just lovely. Do you have a link party that we can link up to? What day is it on? I’d love to join in. Have a wonderful Holiday Season and thank you for sharing all of your talent throughout the year. I’m a happy follower! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

6. Susie Holler

OOh this table is so elegantly beautiful. I have never been to a winter wedding but if I did this is the one I want to attend. I love the velvet box and using the faux fur underneath is very creative and clever I can just see the bride holding a maroon muff like the box and maybe a maroon little jacket. thank you for this wonderful visionSusie

Susie I was thinking of muffs also, great minds think alike! Thank you for the kind words and for popping in for a visit. Happy Holidays!

7. Candy S

Very pretty! the white and red with snowflakes and baubles are perfect for a winter wedding. As a matter of fact with very little trouble at all this same theme would work very nicely for a Christmas Eve dinner table. I do like the fur too.. I am looking for a white furry piece of material for a snowman table. I haven’t had any luck finding one yet though.

Thank you Candy! I do plan to use the centerpiece for our Christmas dinner. Also, I found the fur piece at Joann’s. They also carry a piece larger than this one. Love those 40% off coupons. Have a Merry Christmas and thanks for visiting!