sunflower vignette 13

Sunflowers on my Table

It appears that I have one foot still in summer and the other sliding over into fall. For me it’s a matter of temperature. If we lived in a climate where the temps didn’t drop below 60 and it never snowed the changing seasons wouldn’t bother me. I think.

sunflower vignette 14

I’m hearing the call of all things pumpkin and anticipating the holidays. The end of this year will bring us our eighth grandchild, I plan to retire and we’ll be deep into planning our youngest daughter’s wedding.

sunflower vignette 1

Thus my straddling of the fence so to speak led me to this petite buffet setting. Things are pretty quiet around here after Labor Day and my energy level is nowhere near where I want it to be. Perhaps I have too many half completed projects on the burner and I just need to chill for a bit.

sunflower vignette 16

Today all I require for solace is small plates, goblets, Shiraz (wine pairing is not high on my list today) and a soft napkin to wipe away any dribbles. I bought some chicken, redskin potato salad for the Mr, and a southwestern chipotle salad mix for me, and that will be dinner. I intend to post up on my favorite corner of the couch, order a movie and have some popcorn. We’ll see what tomorrow brings. Hope you’re having a great day.

These plates are a thrift store find, .49 cents each.
sunflower vignette 11

The tray and glasses and green napkins are all from Pier One.
sunflower vignette 12

Dessert plate with stand were found deeply discounted at TJ Maxx.
sunflower vignette 7

The sunflowers even though faux, are the last vestiges of summer.
sunflower vignette 18

These are the linky parties I participate in. Drop by and show them a little love!

Katherine’s Corner

DIY by Design

Rustic and Refined

The Scoop

24 thoughts on “Sunflowers on my Table

Your energy will come back. Like you said…just a lot of irons in the fire right now, and it’s getting a little too hot to handle. I feel that same way right now, and just thinking about everything on my plate saps my energy in a heartbeat! I like this vignette because it is a true reflection of how you’re feeling, where you are in life right now. Vignettes from the heart like that are always the best!

Hang in there, kiddo! It’ll be poppin’ off again in no time!

The last couple of weeks has been one of those times when you have to stop and smell the coffee, the roses and just chill. I’m so happy you popped in and that you’re resting.

2. Pat

Sandra,
    Ah~h~h. . .Sunflowers!!!
    I L O V E Sunflowers!!!
    Sounds as if an evening on the couch with a movie and popcorn
    might be just what the doctor ordered to re~charge your inner batteries!
    Here’s wishing you a better day ahead, filled with energy and a “can do” attitude!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

3. Zenda

I’m not sure I’m ready to let summer go yet, either. I’ve been so busy with the garden that I’m behind on other things, including prepping the house for Fall. I really like your little buffet, especially those plates in the silver stand!! Hope you get caught up on all of your half-finished projects!

4. linda

I lkie your table. I like that you and your husband had “bought” dinners and popcorn later. Hope the coming fall weather will revive you some. Sounds like you had a full plate. from the scoop. Linda

Thank you Linda and I appreciate you stopping by. Learning to balance everything you want to do and what’s most beneficial is very challenging, but I’m learning.

5. Nami | Just One Cookbook

I was at TJ Maxx the other day and I realized that I want everything. =P So hard to choose and you always do amazing job finding a good deal and beautiful products there! You will be so good at doing the wedding planning! Hope you share tips and ideas along the way. 🙂

6. Christine

Lovely table Sandra….I have to plant sun flowers next year after seeing yours! I am sometimes so cheap and everytime I see sun flowers I want to buy some at the grocer but I can never get over the price for four…LOL

7. Liz

Such a lovely table for a casual night at home. Uncork a bottle of wine….and relax. Sounds like you have a fun, yet busy end of the year ahead!

8. Ramona

You know I have a weakness for sunflowers… my kitchen is full of them. I adore them. What a lovely farewell table to summer as you ready for the fall.

9. Kim - Liv Life

I adore your sunflowers!! I live in San Diego and we actually have hardly hit the 60s in months. I’m enjoying it, but my daughter is longing for a chilly day so she can wear leggings and boots.
    congratulations on the 8th grandchild!! I look forward to that day!!

It’s downright chilly here today and we are dreading the cold and flurries. We have about 6 more weeks before our grandson gets here and we are excited. Thanks for visiting!