pink and rust table 17

So Hard to Say Goodbye

Things are moving at warp speed over here and I’m keeping up as best I can. With so many things on my plate literally and figuratively I didn’t want to miss out on the opportunity to participate in Cuisine Kathleen’s Farewell to Summer Table Challenge.

pink and rust table 10

I am in no way shape or form ready for summer to end and I may have to sneak a transitional table or two into the mix before I fall headlong into autumn.

pink and rust table 7

The cloth on this table is a fabric remnant that I’ve been holding on to for a couple of years. My original intention was to use for a Moroccan tablescape and it still may happen, one day. I think the hot pink and rust colors are a perfect end of summer palette and for some reason these colors remind me of August. Weird I l know.

pink and rust table 17

pink and rust table 21

Leave it to my favorite grocery store on the planet, Meijer’s for another awesome bargain. The hot pink straw placemats were on clearance for .69 each. I don’t get a dime from Meijer’s for giving them all the shout outs that I do, I just love the store. I shop for groceries there every week and I’m there at least three hours. Sounds like I need a little more social activity doesn’t it?

pink and rust table 20

pink and rust table 11

As I was putting the table together it dawned on me that I have developed a pattern or style if you will of how I put my tablescapes together. I guess I’m thinking that my tables are becoming a bit predictable. Predictability is a good thing in many areas. Not sure if it’s a good thing in this instance or not. At any rate, I hope you like it. It has brightened up my dining room quite a bit. After checking out the Farmers Almanac for this winter I may have to be unpredictable and pull out some hot colors to make the coming winter tolerable. Take Care!!

pink and rust table 14

Resources:
Table cover – Joann’s
Hot pink napkins – Amazon
Placemats – Meijer’s
Square White dinner plates and Rounded Corner appetizer plates
And white bowls- TJ Maxx
Gold salad plates – Pier 1
Cutlery – Fingerhut
Cordial Glasses – Karlovy Vay
Goldtone rimmed goblets – Dollar Store
Clear vase with flowers – Michaels
Ribbed bottles flanking Center Vase – recycled wine bottles J
Rust color flower holders – recycled candle holders
Gold mercury votive holders – Big Lots

These are the linky parties I participate in. Drop by and show them a little love!

It’s Overflowing

Katherine’s Corner

DIY by Design

Rustic and Refined

The Scoop

36 thoughts on “So Hard to Say Goodbye

1. RosieM.

Oh, my, this table is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love your color combinations and your special accents with flowers are just lovely. Love your plate stack: gee, I just love it all. What a welcoming table you have set: hot pink just pops!! Bravo! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

2. Pam

Beautiful fabric for the tablecloth is really sets the mood. I love the different shapes of the plates and bowl of your place setting. The hot pink catches your attention and the place mats were a bargain. Thanks for sharing!

Pam

3. Sheila (Mrs. Magpie)

I absolutely love your pinks. Am a huge pink fan. And the go,d flatware and so,I’d pink napkins really make this pop!

Thanks for sharing. I am popping over from Susan’s party.

xoxo

Sheila 🙂

4. All the Pretty Dishes

Beautiful pink tablescape. I haven’t visited your blog before, but I can relate to the comment about being predictable. The majority of my designs are predictable, as I tend to use floral dinnerware with floral tablecloths. Lately, I’ve been attempting to either use a solid cloth or a solid plate to change things up a bit, but I still prefer my “signature” design. At any rate, I like your table and I look forward to seeing more of your pretty tablescapes.

5. Nami | Just One Cookbook

This is actually a very nice transition. I don’t want to go from summer to autumn in one post! 😀 I’m not ready to leave summer but I’m kind of looking forward to cozy fall table setting. Hard to pick, so this was just perfect! 😉 Love the pink color and my daughter would request to have this table setting all year around!

6. Linda

I’m with you when it comes to not being ready for fall. I love that you used all the hot pinks which so many people stay away from. They just don’t know how happy a color it is!

7. Marigene

Wow, gorgeous table, Sandra…and pink isn’t even my favorite color! I ♥ placemats with the gorgeous tablecloth. I have them in natural, sure wish I had chosen a color…of course I can’t find them any longer.
    Enjoy the long weekend.

Hi Marigene thank you so much for stopping by. I wasn’t into pink for a very long time. For some reason I just didn’t see myself as a pink person. Obviously all that changed, ha!

8. susie

Sandra this table is just up my alley.I too did an all pink table as a tribute to end summer that will post on thursday. Kinda like our last hurrah of pinks before all the reds,oranges,russets and other Fall colors are upon us. Pink is my favorite color how can you be unhappy in Pink?Susie

9. Liz

I love how bright and summery this table is! The weather certainly is behaving more like summer now than in June, July and most of August! Feedburner must be acting up again as I’m not getting my posts, either. I need to find another option if this keeps up!

10. Ramona

Yesterday felt a lot like the beginning of fall weather-wise and I am already missing summer. I like the idea of a transitional table that still bright and happy so it doesn’t just jolt me into fall with the rustic browns, oranges and yellows. This pink is so tranquil and cheery… well done. 🙂