purple 7

Purple Daze

It seems like forever since I’ve changed the table in the dining room. My intention was to get it done this past weekend but a quick trip to Chicago changed that plan. Gabrielle had her first official modeling gig this weekend and I didn’t want to miss it. Yes I am a proud Nanni and it was such a great experience for her.

purple 22

purple 18

The dishes that I used for this setting have only been used once here and that was too long ago. They’ve been sitting for so long that I thought they had lavender designs. Silly me!! I tried the dishes, charger and placemat with my silver and lavender cloths and obviously the lavender won out. The tablecloth and napkins were found at Amazon.com. I really love this color combo, for me it’s neither cool or warm, just right. Don’t be surprised if it shows up in my family room J

purple 12

purple 7

The silver-gray flatware is one of my faves and I got it, the napkins and dinnerware from Burlington’s. The red wine goblets were $1.98 (I think) from Pier 1. It’s one of those purchases where I wish I had bought all that were available. I was smart enough to buy all of the water goblets from the thrift store a while back. At .50 each why not? These purple bowls that I used on the Mardi gras table engaged me in a stare down and looks like they won. Thank goodness they were the right color!

purple 19

When I tell you I have stuff stashed all over the house I mean it. This over sized vase was in the coat closet. I promise to find a better place for it. The flowers inside are a garland. That’s one way to fill it up. The skinny purple vases are from Michaels and the minil votive holders from Hobby Lobby. I have about six of the leaf and vine white votive holders and spray painted a few of them white. As soon as the weather is warm enough I’m going to be a spray painting fanatic! I have a pile of things waiting for some new color. While I’m picking up spray paint from the craft stores I going to invest in more small white pillars. These blinged out ones were the only ones I could find. Hurry for 40% off coupons.

purple 16

purple 14

I’m off to find a recipe for cacao nibs, have a gorgeous and peaceful week, take care and be well!!

These are the linky parties I participate in. Drop by and show them a little love!

Wow us Wednesday’s

Open House Thursday

Under the Table and Dreaming

Everyday Home

A Stroll Thru Life

24 thoughts on “Purple Daze

Now I’m singing “Purple Rain” in my head!!! Thanks a lot! 😉

I love the color of those dinner plates! You’re right, Goldilocks…not too warm, not too cold…they’re JUST RIGHT! 🙂

Good thing the bowls from mardi Gras could hold their stare longer than you because they ARE perfect. Always listen to your bowls…they know what’s best!

Really pretty, soft, and perfect for ushering in Spring!

2. Ramona

This table is light and demands that spring finally arrive. I sit here with 2 inches of snow on the ground and everything is a cold mess… I want spring! At least I can look at your gorgeous table and day dream of spring. 🙂

Mother Nature is being so stubborn. Today we got rain, snow and ice all in a matter of a couple of hours. I’m daydreaming right with you!!

3. Nami | Just One Cookbook

Gabrielle’s first modeling gig? CONGRATS! You must be a proud grandma! 🙂 Love the purple on table. I don’t know how to decorate with purple color theme, yet you did it so elegantly that I wish I have purple set. Love the color for easter theme!

I am extremely proud and it was so cool to be there with her. Once upon a time purple wasn’t a color I used at all. In my wardrobe or my home. I’ve warmed up to it and now and love it. As with any color start with a little splash here and there until you’re comfortable with it. Thanks for your kind words!

4. Rosie M.

All I can say is, “WOW!” What a spectacular table. Your colors, plate, linens, and glassware choices couldn’t be prettier. Well done, and thank you for sharing. Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

5. BeBetsy - Smashingly Good Living

Sandra, we are just taken away with how beautiful this particular tablescape turned out. Oh my gosh, the color purple is so charming. This could make a beautiful wedding, shower, tea time – wow, so many different types of occasions. You’re just darn talented girl!

This is such a great addition to your #simplybebetsy gallery! Just love, love, love it!
    Sharon and Denise

I am so grateful to you ladies for the opportunity to share my passions on your site. Thank you so much for your continued support. Love ya!

I’m beginning to feel like less is more with my tables these days. I appreciate you stopping by and hope you come back again.

It’s a pleasure to meet you Cherry Kay and I’m happy that you like my table. I love your cobalt blue chargers and the stemware, absolutely stunning! Please stop by again!

6. My Kitchen Stories

I would be so happy sitting at this table. Purple just makes me feel so good. it’s such a delicate purple colour. Sometimes the things we need for a little change are there already we just have to have another look.

“Sometimes the things we need for a little change are there already we just have to have another look”. Truer words have never been spoken. Thank you for stopping by.