pink palooza 19

Pink Palooza

A funny thing happened on the way to St. Patrick’s Day. First I was swept away by an overwhelming desire to bring a bit of spring into my dining room. Then there was a life changing family event which I will share with you real soon.

pink palooza 1

I do believe that pastel fairies paid me a visit a few nights before I put this together and I hope they visit again with another fun color palette. If there were a few well placed bunnies and eggs on this table it would be perfect for Easter. My inspiration came from this fabric I bought from the thrift store and this dinnerware that I’m not the fondest of.

pink palooza 17

pink palooza 8

A standard ivory cloth is the base for my pink-a-palooza. The overlay is rather busy so I decided against using a charger or placemat. Chicken and Pasta Salad will be served on the dinner plate. Cake of course on the dessert plate and the adorable rose plate will hold a croissant. For this table I brought out the bowls for my Cream of Broccoli and Ham Soup. When all the dishes are cleared away the cut glass goblets will be filled with Red Moscato by Gallo. I’ve never tried it before but it sure is a pretty color!

pink palooza 15

pink palooza 6

The flatware is my favorite silver toned (so far). I have had these dusty rose napkins for at least 30 years and I think this is the first time I’ve used them on one of my scapes. You may remember my DIY napkins rings from my “Channeling My Inner Martha” video.

What’s a spring table without tulips! I used three striped boxed planters filled with the flirty pink bulbs. The center one is elevated on a stand I bought in the garden section of Family Dollar at the bargain basement price of $1.00.

pink palooza 11

pink palooza 14

These tiny white lanterns came from Pier 1 and were under $4.00 each. Also from Pier 1 are the pink crystal embellishments on top of them. They are actually lampshade décor that are magnetized. With baubles like these my friends the possibilities are endless!

pink palooza 9

I hope you’ve enjoyed by detour into spring. I’m in so deep now I don’t think I can back out!!!
I will sharing my Pink Palooza at the following parties:

Open House Thursday

BeBetsy

Everyday Home

It’s Overflowing

28 thoughts on “Pink Palooza

1. BeBetsy

What a gorgeous table. The colors of the cloth are perfect and the watercolor effect is so nice. Wonderful! Everything you do is terrific. Hope all is well. All the best ~ Sharon and Denise

2. Tammy

Your table is so beautiful ….loving the colors and those napkin rings are adorable! Thank you for sharing at Share it One More Time … Tammy

3. BeBetsy - Smashingly Good Living

BEAUTIFUL! the tablecloth is so perfect for this setting with it’s pink, white and a tinch of yellow! The flowers are also a stunning addition.

So glad you shared this on #simplybebetsy so all our visitors can share a bit of Spring fever….
    Best to you,
    Sharon and Denise

Thank you ladies. When I go thrifting the craft and fabric section is my first stop. I’ve found some pretty neat remnants there. Thank you again for allowing me to come over and hang out with you guys. I’m always inspired.

4. Liz

Boy it was chilly today! If spring won’t come to us, then we can make spring indoors with a gorgeous table!!! Perfect for Easter!

It’s a pleasure to meet you Katherine and thank you for the invitation. I did link up and thrilled to be in such great company!

5. Nina

Beautiful table setting! Thanks for linking up to the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop at Katherine’s Corner. I’m your newest follower and would like to invite you to stop by my blog at http://www.mamaslittletreasures.com to see my free craft tutorials and other inspirational and creative posts. Hope to connect with you again next week! Nina @ mamas*little*treasures

OK…I’m still stuck way back on the dishware that you’re not too fond of. Why not? What’s wrong with it? The dishes are a nice, clean, white, versatile style. The rose dessert plate is cute as a button. The stemware is really pretty. (Godinger, I presume?) So what’s your beef, chick? 🙂

Pink is my favorite color in the whole, wide world, so I love this table! GREAT piece of fabric for the table covering. I like busy patterns on occasion because they wake up a table like nothing else can!

Guess I’m just getting picky in my seasoned graceful age 🙂 . I am warming up to them and for sure they’ll be back in the fall. Believe it or not I got the inspiration for using patterned cloths from you. A thousand thanks my dear!!!